Will spaying make my cat fat and lazy?
No. Obesity is caused by excessive calorie intake. Weight can be controlled with proper feeding and exercise.
Will it change her disposition, personality, or intelligence?
Cats’ personalities do not fully develop until about 1 year of age. If there is a personality change after spaying at an early age, it would have occurred without surgery.
Shouldn’t my cat have a litter first?
No. There is no advantage in allowing your cat to have a litter of kittens.
Important Considerations Before and After Surgery
- Do not feed your cat for 10 hours before admittance for surgery.
- Restrict your cat’s activity for 3 days after surgery.
- Suture removal is not necessary. Sutures will dissolve on their own.
- Offer your cat a small amount of its regular diet this evening.
- Notify the Doctor if Any of the Following Occur
- Your cat removes a suture or otherwise irritates the incision.
- Your cat refuses to eat or is depressed after the first day home.
- Your cat’s general health changes.